MData is a set of data connectors for collection of unprocessed data from defined sources. It allows for direct storing of data into central databases. In the case of simple applications this is a primary source for data collection. As for more complex applications this module is used as a back-up tool for data collection (in case of a failure of other system components).
- data backup in the event of connectivity failure
- data exchange with databases maintained by third parties
- data collection from various source like OPC, SNMP, PLC, SQL etc.
- information about status of HW devices
- access to the values in the defined database
Goals of data connectors
- Merz PLC Fatek
- data backup in the event of connectivity failure and automatic completion of data in the database immediately after the communication is restored
- data collection from the HW level of data collection system
- OPC Client
- data collection from the so-called OPC space where various OPC servers may act as data sources and provide data according to OPC DA 2.0 specification
- direct access to the values in the defined database
- data exchange with databases maintained by third parties. Usually information from attendance systems and ERP systems is used
- reading of RFID cards
- identification of operators at the MTrack production terminal
- direct access to information about a remote devices
- collection of data about HW equipment status (PC, servers, printers, routers ...). It is used for the monitoring of capacity utilization, correct function or during preventive and predictive maintenance
- Simulation of predefined signals for testing purposes.
If other modules of Merz MES are used than it is also possible to use following data writers:
- GSM SMS: Send SMS message using USB GSM Modem
- SMTP: Send e-mail using SMTP server