The main subject matter of the project is unified control system for observing the technological code of conduct in the production locations handling liquid, solid, and semi-solid drug forms and in the laboratories.
The monitored units enable the monitoring of the environment (overpressure, clean parts, temperature, moisture) and the conditions of the technologies (production of water for injections, temperature in various devices, processes of washing procedures). The project specification includes its implementation in compliance with the recommended GAMP methodology, which simplifies the system certification.
In 2004, a detailed article regarding the project was published in Automatizace magazine, volume 7-8
The assets of the information system
- The information review regarding the actual performance, consumption, and quality.
- The control system for observing the technological parameters.
- Review of the work progress and support for decision making regarding the performance parameters and coordination of needs.
- Control system for observing the technological code of conduct during emergency and exceptional situations.
- Control system of the operation continuity within the whole company.
- Monitoring the parameters related to environment in time and quality.
Basic function of the implemented applications:
- Data visualization - i.e. graphic display of actual values of the monitored units.
- Data filing - acquired data storage in the database (including back-up to prevent DB and network failure).
- Generating historical data from the technological processes and related to the processing of units in the prepared reports (tables, graphs, etc.).
- Alarms - monitoring the specified limits and the administration of the overrun reports by means of e-mail.
Technical solution scheme
Applied software / hardware elements
- Complex OPC communication – line of OPC Servers, which we have developed for the specific devices:
- OPC Server MET for communication with the probe for measuring the amount of particles in the air.
- OPC Server Binder for the Binder sterilizer.
- OPC Server MediaClave for MediaClave sterilizer.
- OPC Server Memmert for Memmert incubators.
- OPC Server Lighthouse for communication with the probes for measuring the amount of particles in the air.
- OPC OLE DB Server.
- Fitting the standard OPC servers:
- Unified visualization based on our SCADA HMI system ASPIC MP.
- Central realtime database PI + filing production data by means of OPC HDA PI Server.
- ReportServer for creating reports directly in MS Excel.
- Loading data from databases by means of OPC HDA PI Server.